03-14-14 - I fucking hate the web

I could rant about specific things all day long.

Pages that start running sound or video without me asking.

Pages I can't bookmark. All kinds of content I can't save my place in or reference.

Pages I can't go "back" or "forward" on. Even worse, pages where "back" resubmits things and I wind up with double comments or whatever.

Pages I have to login to see.

Pages where my contribution becomes the property of someone else.

Pages where my contribution gets deleted because its not pro-capitalism enough for the censors.

Pages that want me to download some shit to view it.

Pages that lock up my computer because they're compiling some language or shaders or god knows.

Pages where I have to enter a password and it's starred out.

Pages where I have to generate a password that's "strong enough" by some ridiculous criterion that's always different (and often not even clearly delineated).

Pages where I can't email support but have to use some "live chat" or form.

Pages where I have to fill out a form, and get one thing wrong, and they wipe out my entries.

Pages where I can't continue without accepting some hundred page agreement.

But in the end it boils down to one thing :

I fucking hate the web.